Friday 3 August 2018

15mm English Civil War Regiments

This time around I painted two regiments of 15mm ECW Foot.
They are Matchlock Miniatures I believe and they didn't have too much flash on them to clean up on them, which in my opinion is always a plus. I decided to paint these as Royalists and I think I did a nice job, they were nice to paint and nothing too annoying on them. The Musketeers that had the long coats on were a bit unique as I haven't seen that on ECW figures I have owned in 15 or 28mm before. I really like how they painted up and I based them up with a decent amount of grass on the bases and a few bushes here and there. I really like the ECW period but I mainly wargame it in 28mm and my army in that scale is Parliamentarian, so it was a nice change to paint up Royalists. The finishing touch to my figures was obviously a flag so I got myself some from Wargames Designs, the flags I chose were for the Kings Lifeguard of Foot and Prince Ruperts Regiment of Foot. Overall the figures look great in my opinion and they are some of the nicer 15mm figures I have painted, the pics are below and a link to the flags enjoy.

Like what you see? contact me about painting your figures: http://danteswargaming.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html
Royalist Flags














4 comments:

  1. Well done. I enjoy using my own 15mm ECW armies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, love the bases! - Enjoy using the new figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really like the way I did the bases on these, I probably won't be using these as I tend to play ECW in 28mm therefore I will sell them to build up my 28mm forces.

      Delete