Tuesday 21 August 2018

28mm Kings of War Dwarf Crossbowmen and Rifles

I have a massive 28mm Dwarf army, most of which are painted but not based.
I love Dwarves as a fantasy army and I always have, probably since Gimli was one of my favourite characters in the Lord of the Rings movies, anyway when I selected Kings of War as the Dwarves I wanted it was because they looked a lot bigger and better than most other 28mm Dwarves I had looked at. I have said in a previous blog post about my Frostgrave Dwarves that I am not too keen on Warhammer and Citadel Dwarves as they don't really have legs in my opinion. 

These Dwarves look menacing and that they would hold their own against any other race, as for the painting of them I wanted a lot of gold on them as Dwarves like their shiny metals. In the pictures below you will be able to see that there are three different colour schemes and this was followed thru the entire Dwarf army because in first edition rule set of kings of war there were little background bits to each race, the Dwarves were split into three factions.

The main faction being those who still lived in the mountain strongholds of old and for simplicities sake I labelled them the Mountain Dwarves, they were painted a russet colour and dark green, then there were the Imperial Dwarves and those were painted a deep purple and black, finally there were the Free Dwarves and those were painted blue and red. I personally think those colour schemes work well for each of the respective factions. 

Now for the basing of the dwarves, I wanted them to look like they were in a frozen mountainy area, so I added a few jagged rocks and plenty of snow scatter as well as mixing up some snow scatter with glue to make a clumped snow effect on the bases. The pictures are below, enjoy.

Like what you see? Contact me about painting your figures: http://danteswargaming.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html





















No comments:

Post a Comment