Sunday 29 July 2018

15mm Mighty Armies Barbarian Army

Another Mighty Armies army I have completed and I really enjoyed doing this one.
The figures themselves were simple enough to paint and the way I painted them really let the detail come thru. The chariots were lovely to look at and when fully painted I think they look spectacular now, I kept the chariots simple using one colour on them and then applying a gold trim. The reindeer were also kept quite simple with only a few dry brushes of browns on them over a darker brown, the final result really makes them look special. These were based in keeping to how I did the Dwarf and Orc Army, the usual texturing, dry brushing, grass scatter and three types of bushes. The one thing I knew I couldn't do myself was to paint a banner for these as I wouldn't have done it justice. So I looked around and ordered myself some Pictish flags and banners from Wargames Designs. The quality of the flags, the price of them and the number of flags I got on one flag sheet were superb and far better than other companies I looked into. As I have two more of these Barbarian armies to finish the other flags on the sheet I ordered will definitely come in handy, let me know what you think. 

One more thing I hadn't posted for a while before today but I will be publishing more blogs very soon and my visit to Wargames Designs also inspired me to do some of my English Civil War figures.

Like what you see? contact me about painting your figures: http://danteswargaming.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html















No comments:

Post a Comment